Monday, August 20, 2012

Trigger

Jake and I got a puppy!  His name is Trigger and he is the sweetest thing EVER!!  Most of you have heard this story, but when Amanda (Jake's sister) got pregnant she was telling us things that she couldn't have and caffeine was in her list.  As soon as she said that, Jake looks at me and says, "When you get pregnant you can't have Mountain Dew because it has so much caffeine!"  I responded, "Yes I can, they make caffeine free Mountain Dew and I can't tell a difference!"  Most of you know Mountain Dew is my favorite soft drink.  I grew up drinking it and I just love it.  The conversation continued and by the end, Jake pretty much did not believe that when I get pregnant I will just give up Mountain Dew...No questions asked and no time needed.  Well I wanted to prove him wrong, so we came up with a little bet and he said that if I would give up Mountain Dew for a year then I could get a puppy.  I gave up Mountain Dew from June 9, 2011 and then we toasted with it at our reception June 9, 2012.  We now have our sweet Trigger!  

Story behind his name:  Jake and I talked about getting a puppy for a long time and had decided we would name our puppy Ozzie.  We were pretty set on this name until the day before we bought Trigger.  Jake came home from work that Friday afternoon and said, "If we are going to have a small, girly dog, he needs a cool name.  How about Trigger?  Its one of the smallest parts of the gun!"  I LOVED it.  So Trigger it is!      
This is the day we bought him!  When we took him to the vet a few days later he weighed 3.5 pounds!! He is so cute!
Trigger is such a sweet boy!! He learns very quickly!  He already knows how to sit, lay down, shake, roll over, and play dead.  He will also get in his crate at night when it is time to go to sleep without me having to force him in, and he is almost potty trained.  We have only had a few accidents.
Isn't he just the cutest?? In this picture he weights about 4.5 pounds.  He should only get to be around 10 pounds.   He makes us laugh everyday and we love training him!



1 comment: